How to prevent the harmful effects of Air Pollution
Air pollution has become one of the serious concerns for all of us. If you are living in a polluted area, you will get affected by many respiratory and lungs diseases. If you are living in a polluted environment for a short time, the effects will be limited to irritation to the eyes, throat, nose, headaches, allergic reactions, nausea and will have an impact on individuals suffering from asthma.
Home Remedies to reduce health effects of air pollution
If you are living in an area like which are falling in Air pollution red alert zone, i.e. Air Quality Index (AQI) is higher than 300 for a long time, then you may get affected by many dangerous diseases.
The long-term air pollution effect is Sevier and may cause chronic respiratory disease, heart disease, lung cancer, and even may damage your brain, nerves, kidneys or liver.
If you are living in a polluted area then some of the tips, exercise, healthy diet and precautions can reduce the impact of air pollution on health.
Top 10 Natural Remedies for Healthy Lungs
- Cardiovascular exercise will keep your lungs healthy– Regular exercises, workouts and yoga will improve blood circulation in your body and will undoubtedly improve your health. Cardiovascular exercise will keep your lungs healthy and reduce the harmful impact of air pollution. It would be best if you prefer indoor activities/exercises/workouts when outdoor air pollution is alarming. To get better and perfect result, you can also hire an experienced trainer.
- Use Olive oil for proper lung functioning:- Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) present in olive oil improves the lungs function. It can also benefit the person who is infected with Asthma.
- Use avocado and spinach in your diet:- The Vitamin E present in avocado and spinach can help you in making your lungs healthy. Use of avocado can also reduce the anti ageing effect in you and will also make your skin soft. You can use it in the salad too.
- Increase Vitamin C level in the body:- Vitamin C presents in the body helps in regenerating Vitamin E. Vitamin C, antioxidants help in the removal of free radicals from the body. Try to use 1-2 lemons on a daily basis to have a good level of Vitamin C in the body for proper functionality of lungs. Vitamin C will also help in the appropriate functioning of the liver and will also reduce the anti-ageing effect. Amla & Guava are rich in Vitamin C. Citrus foods like oranges will also contribute Vitamin C to the body.
- Almonds and seeds of sunflower are also a good source of Vitamin E and can be used to make your lungs healthy.
- Salmon, Roe and Eel are some of the best-recommended fish can be used to increase vitamin E level in the body to boost your lungs health.
- 7. Omega -3 reach foods can also reduce the effect of air pollution. Sources of Omega 3 are walnuts, flax seeds, chia seeds, Methi seeds, green leafy vegetables, rajma, Kala chana, bajra etc.
- 8. Use turmeric to fight dangerous air pollutants again.
- Don’t burn wood or trash: The hazardous pollutants released after burning of woods can affect your lungs and health. Don’t smoke and don’t allow anyone to smoke indoors as it increases the level of indoor air pollutions.
- Use indoor 24-hour air purifying plants. Try to have 24-hour oxygen giving plants at your home or in your office to increase the surrounding air quality.