How to Improve Liver Function Naturally at Home
The liver is the backbone of our body. It is the heaviest and one of the essential organs which process nutrients from the food, removes toxins, makes bile and builds different types of proteins that are necessary for proper functioning of the body.
The liver is a heavy organ which is located in the upper right portion of belly under your ribs and it performs over 300+ functions, also filters over 1-litre blood per minute. Given below are some of the essential functions of the liver.
- The liver is better known for the creation of different types of proteins. The liver produces all the different kinds of proteins which are used by different parts of the body on a daily basis for proper & healthy functioning.
- It purifies the blood by removing various types of toxins. The entire blood pass through the liver, and it pulls out the toxins like drugs, penicillin, Tylenol and removes them from the body.
- Antioxidants are essential for our skin and body. Antioxidants reduce the anti-ageing effects. The liver is producing various types of antioxidants including glutathione.
- A thick green-yellow fluid known as bile is produced by the liver to digest the food. It helps to break down the fats. This liquid is produced by the liver and stored in the gallbladder. When we eat foods rich in fats, Bile produced by the liver plays an essential role in breaking the fats.
- Produces cholesterol:- our body needs certain level of cholesterol for adequate functioning. Cholesterol is essential for production of hormones.
Apart from this, there is lots of important function which is being performed by our liver. We can’t live without an organ like liver, so it is essential for us to keep it healthy for complete life. Mentioned below are some of the best tips that can make your liver healthy.
- Exercise regularly:- Liver takes more time to digest fats. Liver with the help of bile breaks the fats. For the proper functioning of liver, you should reduce the consumption of foods which are rich in fats.
Regular exercise can burn your liver fats. Activities including aerobics like (walking, cycling or swimming), weight training, yoga and different workout can improve your liver functionality.
- Drink Plenty of Water– Low water consumption can affect the function of our liver, by reducing the ability to detoxify the body. Water helps in maintaining the fluidity of blood, the low water consumption can make your blood thick, and it will be difficult for the liver to remove toxins from the thicker blood. A minimum of 8-10 glasses of water can keep you and your organs healthy.
- Maximise use of fruits and green vegetables:- The liver needs vitamins and minerals for its proper functioning. The daily intake of fruits and vegetables can provide you with sufficient vitamins and minerals for the adequate operation of the body. Try to increase the consumption of antioxidants like lemon, oranges etc.
- Carrots and Beets can boost liver functionality as they are powerful liver cleansing and rebuilding foods.
- Consumer sulfur-rich foods: Sulfur-rich foods like garlic, onions and broccoli increase enzyme activity and boost liver cleansing.